Select Lacrosse Program
5th/6th & 7th/8th Grade town-based competitive youth lacrosse program
The Select Lacrosse Program offers MYL member towns an additional playing opportunity for their more experienced and committed 7th & 8th grade and 5th & 6th grade players. Select can enhance their love for the game and improve their lacrosse skills through competitive games with like-minded, talented players from surrounding towns.
The league stresses sportsmanship and fair play, where every game is played with our ‘Spirit of the Game’ philosophy. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of lacrosse.
The MYL Select Lacrosse Season overview:
- 7 regular season games
- 1 tournament game (“win and stay in” tournament)
- 1 All-Star game per age group
- Each game will have two Referee Officials (EMLOA or EMWLUA)
In North Andover, all boys and girls must attend a tryout for their grade levels (5/6 or 7/8). The online registration session allows you to complete contact Information and player information to tryout for the 2023 Select season.
The date of the tryouts:
- Boys 5/6 is Saturday, March 25th, 2023 12-1:30 @ HGR (400 Osgood St., North Andover)
- Boys 7/8 have two 7/8 tryout sessions:
- Sunday, March 12th, 2023: 5 PM - 7 PM at NAHS Walsh Stadium (weather permitting)
- Saturday, March 18th, 2023: 8 PM - 10 PM at Home Grown Lacrosse
- Girls 5/6 - No tryout; all interested players please register.
- Girls 7/8 is Saturday, March 11th, 2023, 11-12:30pm @ HGR (400 Osgood St., North Andover)
Once tryouts have concluded and if Selected to join the team, you will need to complete registration with an invitation email and at which point payment is due. The total registration cost for the Select Team is $150 per player. The fee covers fields, paid coaches, and referees for games on Fridays or Saturdays.
For those on the SELECT roster:
- Select games are play-to-win. The team is playing in a competitive league with a play-to-win format, rankings, and playoffs.
- Playing time for each player will vary based on the game situation and may not be even.
- Players are making a commitment to the team; these games will take priority over other activities/sports.
To register click the Register link (top right) or go to https://www.nalax.net/_registration. Once confirming your household, choose 'Register a Participant Player', and then choose "NA Select Tryouts (Grades 5-8) - 2023 Select Tryouts" on Step 2: Select an Open Registration Season.
- Week 1 - Apr 7-8
- Week 2 - Apr 14-15
- Week 3 - Apr 21-22
- Week 4 - Apr 28-29
- Week 5 - May 5-6
- Week 6 - May 12-13
- Week 7 - May 19-20
- Playoff Brackets Announced: May 21
- First Round of Playoffs - completed by May 31
- Quarterfinals - completed by June 7
- Semifinals - completed by June 14
- Championship Games - Wednesday, June 14 (neutral site, TBD)
- Mass Youth Lacrosse Select Overview: https://www.massyouthlax.org/select-league/select-overview
- Boys Select Rules: https://www.massyouthlax.org/select-league/boys-select-team-rules-and-guidelines
- Girls Select Rules: https://www.massyouthlax.org/select-league/girls-select-team-rules-guidelines