5th/6th & 7th/8th Grade town-based competitive youth lacrosse program
The Select Lacrosse Program offers MYL member towns an additional playing opportunity for their more experienced and committed 5th/6th and 7th/8th grade players. Select can enhance their love for the game and improve their lacrosse skills through competitive games with like-minded, talented players from surrounding towns.
The league stresses sportsmanship and fair play, where every game is played with our ‘Spirit of the Game’ philosophy. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of lacrosse.
The MYL Select Lacrosse Season overview:
- 7 regular season games
- 1 tournament game (“win and stay in” tournament)
- 1 All-Star game per age group
- Each game will have two Referee Officials (EMLOA or EMWLUA)
2024 North Andover Select
In North Andover, all boys and girls must attend a tryout for their grade levels (5/6 or 7/8). The online registration session allows you to complete contact Information and player information to tryout for the 2024 Select season.
Select practices for the 2024 season will begin the first week of February at Homegrown lacrosse. NALAX was able to secure indoor time and the Boys and Girls will rotate between Thursday night skills and Friday night team practices. Thursday sessions run from 8-9pm. Friday team practices for grades 5/6 run from 7-8:30pm and for grades 7/8 from 8:30-10pm. These practices will be used for skill development, evaluation and team concept building. All players are strongly encouraged to attend if you will be trying out for a select team. A separate email will be sent out to all players who indicate that they are interested in Select during the 2024 registration process. The cost for the February Skills and Trainings will be $40 total for the 5 hours of floor time during the month of February.
Thursday Skills will be held on 2/1 and 2/15 from 8-9pm
Friday Team Practices will be held on 2/9 and 3/1 (5/6 from 7-8:30pm, 7/8 from 8:30-10pm)
Thursday Skills wil be held on 2/8 and 2/29
Friday Team Practices will be held on 2/2 and 2/16 (5/6 from 7-8:30pm, 7/8 from 8:30-10pm)
Tryout dates will be in early March (TBD). Once tryouts have concluded and if Selected to join the team, you will need to complete registration with an invitation email and at which point payment is due. The total registration cost for the Select Team is $175 per player. The fee covers fields, paid coaches, and referees for games on Fridays or Saturdays
For those on the SELECT roster:
- Select games are play-to-win. The team is playing in a competitive league with a play-to-win format, rankings, and playoffs.
- Playing time for each player will vary based on the game situation and may not be even.
- Players are making a commitment to the team; these games will take priority over other activities/sports.
To register click the Register link (top right) or go to https://www.nalax.net/_registration. Once confirming your household, choose 'Register a Participant Player', and then choose "NA Select Tryouts (Grades 5-8) - 2023 Select Tryouts" on Step 2: Select an Open Registration Season.
2024 Select Dates
- Mass Youth Lacrosse Select Overview: https://www.massyouthlax.org/select-league/select-overview
- Boys Select Rules: https://www.massyouthlax.org/select-league/boys-select-team-rules-and-guidelines
- Girls Select Rules: https://www.massyouthlax.org/select-league/girls-select-team-rules-guidelines